Welcome to Mes Amis Preschool!
Thank you for your interest in Mes Amis French Immersion Preschool. Our preschool term runs from September through June and observes the same holidays as the Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division. Mes Amis Preschool is non-denominational and parent participation is encouraged. Mes Amis strives to create a positive first school experience, while at the same time providing a special focus on French Immersion kindergarten readiness.
School Year Calendar (Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division)
The purpose of the Preschool Program is to promote the physical, intellectual, social, emotional and creative growth of preschool children ages three and four. This will be accomplished through the curriculum, which has been planned with the following goals in mind.
- To help your child recognize him/herself as a valuable individual through achievement and praise
- To encourage socialization through co-operation, sharing and being sensitive to others
- To give opportunities for language and speech development by encouraging your child to verbalize in structured activities
- To encourage your child to express him/herself in creative ways through the introduction of various materials and equipment
- To develop an appreciation and interest in music and books
- To develop small and large muscle coordination through indoor/outdoor exercise activity and manipulative table toy play
- To increase your child’s awareness of the world in which he/she lives through interest centres and field trips
- To develop an interest in learning French
- To develop linguistic concepts through themes
- To expose your child to a French cultural environment - songs, stories, activities
- To help develop oral communication skills in French.
For the 2019-2020 school year, Mes Amis is thrilled to welcome Mlle Gráinne Brophy while Mme Heather Whyte is on maternity leave. Mlle Brophy comes to us from Ireland. She has experience working with different ages of children and youth and is very excited for the upcoming year here in Saskatoon. Mlle Brophy feels strongly that children should be allowed to create and explore independently and with others in a variety of settings and situations. She is passionate about developing well rounded individuals by including science exploration, music and the arts in the classroom.
Welcome, Mlle Brophy and we wish Mme Whyte the best as she spends this year with her family.
Conveniently located at the front of the school, our recently renovated classroom is well suited for young children with play areas, child-sized tables and its own washroom.